#DMUglobal – Golden ticket prize
Congratulations! If you have received a golden ticket within your Confirmation pack then you are one of twenty lucky students who have been randomly selected to win a #DMUglobal trip in your first year of study.
All new trips will be advertised on the www.dmuglobal.com website, and you will need to follow the usual application process in order to apply for this trip. Just visit the #DMUglobal application process page.
This prize can also be used in addition to the #DMUglobal bursary and the High Flyers Award (if eligible). For more details see the #DMUglobal website.
Terms and conditions
- Promoter: De Montfort University, The Gateway, Leicester, LE1 9BH.
- These terms and conditions apply to each of the twenty undergraduate 2018 entry applicants who have been successful in the prize draw and have received a golden ticket in their confirmation pack (the “prize draw” and each of the successful twenty undergraduate 2018 entry applicants being a “participant”). The prize draw and receipt of the golden ticket by a participant means that the participant has won a #DMUglobal trip to Dublin before 31 August 2019 (the “prize”). Redemption of the prize for the #DMUglobal trip to Dublin is subject to these terms and conditions, the participant following the application process for the trip as set out in condition 4 and being accepted onto the trip following successfully making the application, only then can the voucher be applied against the cost of the trip.
- Failure of a participant to comply with any of these terms and conditions will mean the prize will be withdrawn by the promoter and the participant shall not be entitled to any voucher to use on the #DMUglobal trip to Dublin.
- Each participant may apply to attend the #DMUglobal trip to Dublin via the www.dmuglobal.com website (the “website”). Application deadlines, information in relation to eligibility criteria, the application process and all other relevant information for the #DMUglobal trip to Dublin will be published on the website and it is the participant’s sole responsibility to check the website for this information. Each participant must follow the application process and deadlines as advertised on the website in order to apply for the trip and be able to reclaim the prize.
- If a participant is accepted onto the #DMUglobal trip to Dublin, they must notify the promoter of their prize immediately after receiving notice of their acceptance and the prize will be applied against the cost of the trip stated on the website. All costs and expenses in excess of the price of the #DMUglobal trip to Dublin as stated on the website shall be the sole responsibility of the participant and the participant will be liable for all other costs and expenses suffered or incurred in connection with or arising out of the trip.
- Participant’s attendance on the #DMUglobal trip to Dublin is subject to the participant being accepted onto the trip having met an eligibility criteria which shall be as set out on the website. The eligibility of each participant for the trip shall be assessed by the promoter following the participant successfully completing the application in accordance with condition 4. The prize is strictly subject to the participant being accepted onto the trip having made such application. If the participant not be accepted onto the #DMUglobal trip to Dublin, the participant will not be entitled to the prize and the promoter will have no liability or responsibility for any participant being unable to reclaim the prize.
- These terms and conditions apply only to the prize draw and not to the subsequent application for the prize or the prize itself, which shall be subject to separate terms and conditions.
- The promoter reserves the right to reject any applications for the prize made contrary to condition 4, these terms and conditions, or for any reason at its sole discretion.
- The promoter will not be liable for any failure of receipt of applications. The promoter takes no responsibility for any applications which are lost, delayed, illegible, corrupted, damaged, incomplete or otherwise invalid.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, the promoter’s liability under or in connection with prize draw, the golden ticket, the prize or these terms and conditions shall be limited to the value of the prize in question.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, the promoter shall not be liable under or in connection with these terms and conditions, the prize draw or any prize for any indirect, special or consequential cost, expense, loss or damage suffered by a participant even if such cost, expense, loss or damage was reasonably foreseeable or might reasonably have been contemplated by the participant and the promoter and whether arising from breach of contract, tort, negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise.
In particular, the promoter does not accept any liability or responsibility if the participant is not able to take up the prize.
- The prize draw must be claimed by 31 August 2019. The promoter does not accept any liability or responsibility if the participant does not take up the prize by this date and the promoter shall not transfer the prize or allow the prize to be used on any #DMUglobal trip after this date.
- Prizes are non-negotiable, non-transferable and non-refundable. No cash alternative is available.
- Should the #DMUglobal trip to Dublin become unavailable for any reason, the promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to allow the participant to use the golden ticket for a £150 reduction against the cost of on an alternative #DMUglobal trip that the promoter notifies the participant of, that completes on or before 31 August 2019, subject to the following:
a. the golden ticket shall mean the participant is eligible to receive £150 reduction from the cost of the alternative #DMUglobal trip, providing always that the participant meets the eligibility criteria on the website, the participant makes a successful application for the alternative trip in accordance with condition 4 and the participant is accepted onto the trip;
b. the participant is fully liable and responsible for paying the remaining balance of the cost of the trip and all costs and expenses in relation to or suffered or incurred in connection with or arising out of the trip; and
c. these terms and conditions shall apply as if reference to the #DMUglobal trip to Dublin was a reference to the alternative trip.
- The prize may not be claimed by a third party on the participant’s behalf.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances beyond the promoter’s reasonable control, the promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the prize, the prize draw or these terms and conditions, either in whole or in part, with or without notice.
- The promoter's decision is final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
- These terms and conditions are governed by English law and subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.