- Five GCSEs at grade C/4 or above including English
Plus one of the following:
- A minimum of 104 from at least two A levels with a subject at grade C or above
- BTEC National Diploma - Distinction/Merit/Merit
- BTEC Extended Diploma - Distinction/Merit/Merit
International Baccalaureate: 24+
- Pass in QAA Access to HE with at least 30 level 3 credits at Merit. English GCSE required as separate qualification. Equivalency not accepted within the Access qualification. We will normally require students to have had a break from full-time education before undertaking the Access course.
We may still consider applicants that do not meet the GCSE requirements providing they can demonstrate ability or attainment in these subjects in an alternative way; usually through work experience, alternative qualifications or by a University admissions test or interview. All such applicants will be considered on a case by case basis.
Interview: Yes. Professional conduct during the event will also contribute to the decision making regarding an applicant’s application.
One year's direct practical experience in a youth-related environment either statutory or voluntary prior to the start of the course
This course welcomes mature students and values their experience. In some cases an alternative experiential and academic profile may be accepted for entry. We may still consider applicants that do not meet the GCSE requirements providing they can demonstrate ability or attainment in an alternative way: usually through work experience, alternative qualifications or by a University admissions test or interview. All such applicants will be considered on a case by case basis.
You must complete a declaration form and enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service application form before starting the course, which needs to be cleared in accordance with DMU’s admissions policy. Contact us for up-to-date information.
Personal statement selection criteria
- Clear communication skills, including good grammar and spelling
- Information relevant to the course applied for
- Interest in the course demonstrated with explanation and evidence
- If relevant for the course - work and life experience
English language requirements:
If English is not your first language an IELTS score of 6.5 or equivalent when you start the course is essential. English language tuition, delivered by our British Council accredited Centre for English Language Learning (CELL), is available both before and during the course.
Please visit dmu.ac.uk/international for more information.
UCAS Tariff changes
Students applying for courses starting in September 2019 will be made offers based on the latest UCAS Tariff. Find out more.