Creative Technology Studios
Our multi-million pound Creative Technology Studios feature a host of industry standard video, audio and radio production suites and two fully equipped recording studios featuring analogue and digital recording systems and surround sound monitoring.
The studios provide facilities for the acquisition, editing and distribution of video, audio and computer-generated materials and files can be shared throughout the studios via a fast computer network, enabling a seamless mixed-media workflow.
Specifically, the facilities include:
- Industry-standard video, audio and radio production suites
- A suite of over 20 video workstations, using the very latest industry-standard HD editing software
- Television studios with high-definition video cameras, green-screen and virtual-studio capabilities
- Two fully-equipped recording studios, featuring analogue and digital recording systems and surround sound monitoring
- Broadcast-standard radio production studios with professional playout and management systems
- Audio and video laboratories with high specification test equipment for signal analysis
- Fused-media and motion-capture studios for the teaching and research of 3D image capture, modelling and display
- A high-speed, high-definition, data backbone, enabling the integration of audio, video and computer-generated media projects Hybrid technologies, using the best of current analogue and digital media.
The film studios located in the Queens building makes available multi-camera, blue screen and green screen studios for all students on our media courses. The green screen and blue screen facilities enable students to create videos that take advantage of colour keying to merge video with computer graphics, stock video and still images.
The multi-camera studio replicates the most common setup for TV studios and enables students to practice techniques covering all of the areas of studio work including presenting, camera work, direction, lighting and sound. The film studios also includes a full lighting setup and a viewing gallery so that cameras and presenters can receive direction from the students taking the role of a producer. Using live graphic overlays students can successfully replicate news, shopping channel and chat show environments.
The home of De Montfort Students' Union, (DSU) our Campus Centre offers a welcoming and lively hub for student life. Conveniently located at the heart of campus, it includes a convenience store, a Subway and a Starbucks. Here you can find the DSU-owned charitable accommodation service Sulets and DSU’s shop, SUpplies, selling art supplies, stationery and clothing, and printing and binding services. The building is also home to the DSU officer team.
Your campus, your DMU
Want to find out where you would study and spend time?
We've got you covered, take a look at our Virtual Open Day to see the list of our campus buildings and student facilities.