Due to high application demand and COVID restrictions for teaching on campus, we have now closed applications for international student places onto our Postgraduate Taught 12 month programmes starting in September/October 2020, and are no longer accepting deposits for this intake. If you have already paid your deposit and requested (but not received) your CAS we will be in touch to clarify your individual situation. Many of our courses benefit from multiple intakes, including options to start in January 2021, please contact us for more information.
Applications can be made using the postgraduate application form, or using the online portal. Please send any queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pharmaceutical Biotechnology is a rapidly expanding field focusing on the development and production of biopharmaceuticals that could lead to cures for many major diseases.
Globally, pharmaceutical biotechnology courses are rare and no other course offers such a broad scope where, as well as theory, you’ll be able to develop your skills with a key focus on practical content, studying pre-clinical studies, clinic and marketing that will help prepare you for a diverse career in either industry or academia.
Study an interdisciplinary subject based on the teaching and research expertise of our experienced practitioner and research-based staff. Our research is driven by societal strategic priorities and fully aligns with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. Areas of expertise include Pharmaceutical Technologies and Nanomedicine, Pharmacology and Neuroscience and Infectious Disease research.
Benefit from major investment in state of-the-art laboratories and specialist equipment to match that used in the best industrial laboratories. This includes FACS analysis, confocal microscope, electron microscope, mass spectrometer, fermentation units and tissue culture suites.
- Our reputation of more than 100 years’ pharmacy teaching ensures we produce graduates of the highest calibre.
- Benefit from major investment in state-of-the-art laboratories and specialist equipment at par to that used in industry.
- Learn from a combination of unique academic expertise across faculties by sharing one core module with students on a Master of Business Administration (MBA), broadening understanding around the importance of business in this area.
- International and UK students have benefited from this established course and progressed to PhD study and global relevant employment in the biotech sector.
- Study a range of specialist modules allowing you to receive up-to-date subject matter on multiple protein expression systems.
- Many of our graduates have progressed on to study for PhDs or work in roles in the biotech sector in both the UK and overseas.
“I came to DMU because the facilities here are excellent and it offered me the opportunity to learn about these therapies and will help me achieve my dream of developing new technologies and innovations that could influence governmental regulations and healthcare systems back home. ”
T Karikari, PhD student
“The course was designed in such way that it is suitable not only for fresh undergraduates but also experienced working people like me. All laboratories were equipped with latest equipment which enables students to learn and apply new technology in field of biopharmaceuticals. I would definitely choose DMU again because of the dedicated lecturers”
I Krishnan, Biotech Manager
At DMU, we are committed to helping our graduates enhance their careers and personal development through further study.
DMU Sports Scholarship
Find out more about the DMU Sports Scholarships worth up to £6,000.
More courses like this:
Pharmaceutical Quality by Design
Advanced Biomedical Science
Quality by Design for the Pharmaceutical Industry