Government eligibility information

You will only be able to access Government funding where you are undertaking a full, standalone master’s course (a minimum of 180 credits) and not ‘topping up’ from a lower level. You will not be eligible where you are undertaking a partial master’s course where previous study (including, but not limited to, previous study modules, credit / credit point awards from a previous course) and/or work experience has been taken into account, allowing you to bypass certain aspects/modules of the full master’s course.’ 

If you are unsure about the eligibility criteria, information is included on the website here (for Student Finance England funded students):, or you can contact the Postgraduate Loan team by phone at 0300 100 0031. 

If you are applying through another national Student Finance service, then you should refer to their webpages: 

Student Finance Wales:
Student Finance Northern Ireland:
Student Awards Agency Scotland: 

If you are not sure how many credits you will be studying, or would like to speak to someone from the university, then you can contact us directly:

Telephone: 0116 257 7595 (option 3, then option 1) 

Or you can refer to our webpage here.