Due to high application demand and COVID restrictions for teaching on campus, we have now closed applications for international student places onto our Postgraduate Taught 12 month programmes starting in September/October 2020, and are no longer accepting deposits for this intake. If you have already paid your deposit and requested (but not received) your CAS we will be in touch to clarify your individual situation. Many of our courses benefit from multiple intakes, including options to start in January 2021, please contact us for more information.
Ideal for recent graduates hoping to make their first move into engineering management or for established professional engineers who wish to work in a management role and need to extend their knowledge beyond their technical field into management and business.
Linking business knowledge with engineering and sustainable development issues, this course emphasises key areas of modern management required by engineers and develops your skills in project management, information systems management and people management.
You will also choose from a range of optional modules, which offer opportunities for technical advancement in areas such as mechanical engineering, sustainability, and computer networks and e-commerce systems. Our technicians and academics will support you in your individual project – a substantial piece of work in your final semester that will link your technical specialism with core aspects of management.
You will be taught by expert research and teaching staff from across the University, including from the School of Engineering and Sustainable Development and Leicester Castle Business School, reflecting the multidisciplinary nature of the course.
The broad and challenging content will help equip you with the knowledge needed to work in management positions within engineering companies and in technical roles in business settings. Our graduates are working for companies including Rolls-Royce, Network Rail and Airbus UK.
- Accredited by the IET to CEng level, offering a streamlined route to professional registration.
- Learn best practice from professionals by working on real-world engineering management problems with industry managers and engineers. You will also gain industry insights from guest lectures delivered by practitioners throughout the course.
- Benefit from the academic expertise of our experienced teaching and research staff, including those from DMU’s dedicated Institute of Energy and Sustainable Development, which has three thematic areas of expertise – low-carbon energy systems and infrastructure, sustainable communities and sustainable living, and solutions for the base of the pyramid population.
- Develop your skills in our dedicated facilities, which include an energy laboratory, electrical and electronic experimental facilities, mechanical engineering laboratories and a CAD design suite.
- Boost your career prospects through an optional one-year placement where you can gain industrial experience in your area of interest. Previous Engineering Management students have landed roles with Caterpillar and Network Rail.
- Meet like-minded people and get hands-on engineering experience by joining our student societies, including DMU Racing, where students design and build a car to race at Silverstone.
| Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET)
Find out about available scholarships and country specific fee discounts for international students.
More courses like this:
Electronic Engineering MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert
Mechanical Engineering MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert
Mechatronics MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert
Energy and Sustainable Development MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert
Energy and Sustainable Building Design MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert