Reasons to study Business Management in the Creative Industries at DMU:
The creative industries are made up of businesses and entrepreneurs that have creativity and content that is protected by copyright as a central part of their business model. The creative industries include sectors such as design, film and TV, publishing, the performing arts, music, advertising and gaming.
Creative workers and leaders exhibit different skills and approaches to other business sectors, and individuals with creative talent require business management skills to develop as professionals in the creative industries. The Business Management in the Creative Industries MSc is uniquely positioned to help students learn how to respond to these evolving challenges.
This is a business management degree customised for the creative industries. Students are supported in developing their professional potential, whilst gaining valuable industry contacts, executive work placements, and the professional skill sets required to excel in the creative industries.
The programme benefits from the location of being a short walk away from Leicester’s Cultural Quarter, and from close working relationships with creative organisations. Local creative workers and companies co-teach on the programme and offer creative industry mentoring and executive placements to boost your employability in the field.
Based at De Montfort University, there are opportunities to develop wider technical skills through access to specialist areas in the Faculty of Art, Design and Humanities and the Institute of Creative Technologies. There are also ways for you to tailor your university experience to your interests such as opportunities to get involved with our #DMUglobal international experience programmes and the university’s volunteering programmes.
The course offers a range of benefits including:
- Option to pursue an Executive Company Project or Creative Research Project
- Be taught by academics with experience across many segments of the creative industries
- Inspirational setting headquartered in the historic Great Hall of Leicester Castle
- Talks by inspiring visionary entrepreneurs and successful leaders
- Modules that have been developed in partnership with creative organisations, with the objective of providing students with key skills needed to lead and succeed in today’s creative industries
- Opportunities to work with industry professionals through our collaboration with Leicester’s Curve theatre
- Access to the postgraduate wing of the £35million Hugh Aston Building
- Access to a 24/7 high-tech library with a choice of learning environments and to amenities such as the QEII Diamond Jubilee Leisure Centre
- Mentoring and support from academics in the forefront of their fields
- Emphasis on the development of business-relevant cultural awareness
- Valuable links to Leicester’s Curve Theatre, Leicester Comedy Festival, Creative Leicestershire, Horus Music, Colab Creation and Inspirate Arts,
- Opportunities to participate in business breakfast events
Graduate Success and News
Castle course helps Glenn land role that "ticks all the boxes"
At DMU, we are committed to helping our graduates enhance their careers and personal development through further study.
DMU Global High Flyers Award
The DMU Global High Flyers Award offers students a discount of up to £1,000 towards a DMU Global opportunity (subject to terms and conditions).
DMU Sports Scholarship
Find out more about the DMU Sports Scholarships worth up to £6,000.
Find out about available scholarships and country specific fee discounts for international students.
More courses like this:
Creative Enterprise MSc
Business Management in Sport MSc