Undergraduate digital audition advice
We look at your performance as part of our selection process as our performance courses need specialist skills. Seeing your video clip gives us an idea of your skills and helps us understand if you will enjoy studying with us and to make sure you are choosing the right course for you.
We know putting a video clip together may seem quite daunting, so we have some great tips from our tutors – watch our video and read the advice below which describes what you should include and how to send your video clip.
Make sure your work showcases your performance skills, as well as your potential to learn and develop in your chosen subject area, as we appreciate students come from a variety of backgrounds.
What we want to see:
- We are looking for a two to five-minute video.
- Start with a short personal introduction to yourself to camera and tell us about your performance skills.
- Provide a brief insight into your understanding of the methods and styles of performance you have learnt and show your enthusiasm for your chosen performance subject.
- Our performance courses focus on contemporary practice and have specific features, so research each course carefully before making your video.
- Include a performance piece which demonstrates your skills. This could be a solo dance, monologue or group performance for example. If you submit a group performance extract please make it clear who you are.
How to present your work:
- Make sure your clip represents you. It should showcase your interests, skills, creativity and passion for your chosen performance subject.
- There is no right or wrong way to present your work, just make sure it’s clear what you are trying to communicate.
- Take a quality video of your work.
- Ensure that you can be clearly seen, but do not worry about the filming location or your editing abilities as you will not be judged on this.
- Please use .mp4, .MOV or .AVI format.
- Compress or zip your file so that it does not exceed 1GB in size.
- The name of your file should be your name, student reference number and the title of the course you have applied for.
- Submit your file via: www.mailbigfile.com/dmuac
If you have any questions about your portfolio submission, please contact our Admissions Team who will be happy to help you.
T: +44 (0)116 207 8443