This degree level module is for nurses and allied health professionals with an interest in women’s health care, who work in both NHS and independent hospitals, and community settings.
The module will enable practitioners from a range of backgrounds to explore specialist knowledge and practice, and examine professional ethical and legal issues that impact on women’s health care provision.
The module covers anatomy and physiology; specific care management of gynaecological and menstrual disorders; reproductive and sexual health; oncology; continence issues, early pregnancy management; and breast care.
This will enable practitioners to enhance their knowledge in women’s health care, by linking theory and research into clinical practice, and develop strategies for the future provision of women’s health in their current area of practice.
- Effective registration with the NMC / HPC or other relevant professional body. ESSENTIAL
- Undertaken successful level 4/5 academic study. ESSENTIAL
- Currently be employed in practice and have the support of their manager in undertaking the module. ESSENTIAL
How to apply
Online Application Forms and Guidance Information
Module Category: PCPH
Module Code: 3003
Module Credits: 30
Module Level: 6
Friday 9.00am – 1.00pm on:
- Friday 31st January 2020
- Friday 7th February 2020
- Friday 14th February 2020
- Friday 21st February 2020
- Friday 28th February 2020
- Friday 6th March 2020
- Friday 13th March 2020
- Friday 20th March 2020
- Friday 27th March 2020
- Friday 3rd April 2020