Therapeutic Interventions for Children and Young People
This module is a choice module for both health visitors and school nurses undertaking the SCPHN programme. However it is available for nursing professionals wishing to gain a greater understanding of working therapeutically with children and young people.
The module aims to enable students to develop skills and critical understanding of the theories underpinning working therapeutically with families, children and young people in preparation for proactive, reflective, innovative and effective practice. The broad content of the module will include;
- Overview of therapeutic approaches
- Person centred approaches with children
- Emotional Literacy
- Anger and Anxiety management for children
- Depression, Self-harm & Suicide.
- Motivational Interviewing
- Family Therapy (FT)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) with parents and children.
- Effective registration with appropriate professional statutory regulatory body
- Ability to study to degree level (120 credits level 4/5)
- Evidence of recent study. (If accessing the module at level 7 (2:2 degree or above) required.
How to apply
Online Application Forms and Guidance Information
Module Category: SCPH
Module Code: 3102
Module Credits: 15
Module Level: 6
Semester 2: 2018
This module runs once per academic year.
- 13.00-16.00 Monday 29 January
- 13.00-16.00 Monday 05 February
- 13.00-16.00 Monday 12 February
- 13.00-16.00 Monday 19 February
- 13.00-16.00 Monday 26 February
- 13.00-16.00 Monday 05 March
- 13.00-16.00 Monday 12 March
- 13.00-16.00 Monday 19 March
- 13.00-16.00 Monday 26 March Annual Leave
- 13.00-16.00 Monday 02 April Annual Leave
- 13.00-16.00 Monday 09 April
- 13.00-16.00 Monday 16 April
- 13.00-16.00 Monday 23 April
- 13.00-16.00 Monday 30 April
Return to study
There is an expectation that you will produce assessed work at degree-level standard. If it is sometime since you produced an academic essay or undertook other kinds of academically assessed work, you will be well advised to consider undertaking some learning beforehand.
Learning Beyond Registration contract