Diabetes Care Principles and management
This clinically focused module has been designed for health care practitioners who want to develop an in-depth knowledge of the aetiology, pathophysiology and management of diabetes.
It will allow practitioners to develop competence in the management of diabetic patients and develop an awareness of contemporary issues. Specialist diabetes staff make a substantial contribution with integrating theory to practice.
- Effective registration with the NMC / HPC or other relevant professional body. ESSENTIAL
- Undertaken successful level 4/5 academic study. ESSENTIAL
- Currently be employed in practice and have the support of their manager in undertaking the module. ESSENTIAL
- Have a named Practice Assessor in clinical practice throughout the duration of the module. ESSENTIAL
How to apply
Online Application Forms and Guidance Information
Module Category: NMAH
Module Code: 3323
Module Credits: 30
Module Level: 6
Semester 1: 2017
- 09.00 - 13.00 Thursday 5 October
- 09.00 - 13.00 Thursday 12 October
- 09.00 - 13.00 Thursday 19 October
- 09.00 - 13.00 Thursday 26 October
- 09.00 - 13.00 Thursday 2 November
- 09.00 - 13.00 Thursday 9 November
- 09.00 - 13.00 Thursday 16 November
- 09.00 - 13.00 Thursday 23 November
- 09.00 - 13.00 Thursday 30 November
- 09.00 - 13.00 Thursday 7 December
Return to study
This is a degree-level module in which you will be expected to produce assessed work at degree-level standard.
If it is sometime since you undertook other kinds of academically assessed work, you will be well advised to consider undertaking some self-directed academic updating around returning to study.
More information can be found here
Leaning Beyond Registration contract