Developing specialist skills and knowledge to enhance care for the person receiving Systemic Anti-Cancer Treatment (SACT)
(UHL Collaborative Module )
This module is designed for nurses and allied health professionals who either care for patients receiving SACT or who wish to expand their knowledge to be able to support patients before, during or after their treatment.
It enables the student to explore the theoretical principles and clinical issues that underpin the care of a patient receiving SACT.
This module explores specialist knowledge, practice and attitudes that underpin the enhancement of SACT care by promoting assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation.
For those students who will be administering SACT the module incorporates a practical assessment to ensure competence in these Skills.
Module Category: PCPH
Module Code: 3553
Module Credits: 30
Module Level: 6
2019 taught sessions (all 9am-5pm)
- Tuesday 17 September 2019, Odames Meeting Room. Victoria Building
- Wednesday 18 September 2019, Odames Meeting Room. Victoria Building
- Tuesday 15 October 2019, Teaching Room 2, CEC, Jarvis Building
- Wednesday 16 October 2019, Teaching Room 2, CEC, Jarvis Building
- Tuesday 5 Nov 2019, Odames Meeting Room. Victoria Building