This clinically focused module is intended for practitioners who work in Critical Care.
This module will build on from the Acutely Ill adult module (NMAH 3300); it explores specialist knowledge, practice and attitudes that underpin enhancing specialist issues in critical care.
Some of the topics that will be discussed focus on caring for the level three patient holistically with multi-organ failure requiring ventilation, cardiac and renal support.
- Effective registration with the NMC / HPC or other relevant professional body. ESSENTIAL
- Undertaken successful level 4/5 academic study. ESSENTIAL
- Currently be employed in practice and have the support of their manager in undertaking the module. ESSENTIAL
- Have a named mentor in clinical practice throughout the duration of the module. ESSENTIAL
How to apply
Online Application Forms and Guidance Information
Module Category: NMAH
Module Code: 3319
Module Credits: 30
Module Level: 6
Semester 2: 2019
This module runs once per academic year.
- 09.00 - 16.00 Monday 4 February
- 09.00 - 16.00 Tuesday 5 February
- 09.00 - 16.00 Tuesday 12 February
- 09.00 - 16.00 Tuesday 12 March
- 09.00 - 16.00 Tuesday 19 March
- 09.00 - 16.00 Tuesday 26 March
Return to study
This is a degree-level module in which you will be expected to produce assessed work at degree-level standard.
If it is sometime since you undertook other kinds of academically assessed work, you will be well advised to consider undertaking some self-directed academic updating around returning to study.
More information can be found here
Learning Beyond Registration contract