Contemporary approaches to child and adolescent Development (5-19)
The module will enable students to gain the knowledge required to develop strategies to contribute to the health and well-being needs of a specific client group. School nurse students from a range of backgrounds will explore and examine child and adolescent development.
Developing skills to critically evaluate strategies used to assesss growth development, health and well being and factors influencing human development, to innovatively apply skills and underpinning theory to practice.
- Effective registration with the NMC / HPC or other relevant professional body. ESSENTIAL
- Undertaken successful level 4/5 academic study. ESSENTIAL
- Currently be employed in practice and have the support of their manager in undertaking the module. ESSENTIAL
How to apply
Online Application Forms and Guidance Information
Module Category: SCPH
Module Code: 3020
Module Credits: 15
Module Level: 6
Semester 1 2017
- Monday 02 October 14.00-17.00
- Monday 09 October 14.00-17.00
- Monday 16 October 14.00-17.00
- Monday 23 October 14.00-17.00
- Monday 30 October 14.00-17.00
- Monday 06 November 14.00-17.00
- Monday 13 November 14.00-17.00
- Monday 20 November 14.00-17.00
- Monday 27 November 14.00-17.00
- Monday 04 December 14.00-17.00
- Monday 11 December 14.00-17.00
Return to study
This is a degree-level module in which you will be expected to produce assessed work at degree-level standard.
If it is sometime since you undertook other kinds of academically assessed work, you will be well advised to consider undertaking some self-directed academic updating around returning to study.
More information can be found here
Learning Beyond Registration contract