Childrens Intensive Care
This theory practice module is designed for qualified nurses working with children in paediatric intensive /HDU/ and complex cardiac care settings.
The module is taught by experienced practitioners who work within this setting and gives you evidence-based knowledge and skills to work with children in intensive care. You are then supported in practice by an experience mentor.
- Effective registration with the NMC / HPC or other relevant professional body. ESSENTIAL
- Undertaken successful level 4/5 academic study. ESSENTIAL
- Currently be employed in practice and have the support of their manager in undertaking the module. ESSENTIAL
- Have a named mentor in clinical practice throughout the duration of the module. ESSENTIAL
How to apply
Online Application Forms and Guidance Information
Module Category: NMAH
Module Code: 3308
Module Credits: 30
Module Level: 6
Semester 2 - 2019
- 09.00 - 13.00 Wednesday 30 January
- 09.00 - 13.00 Wednesday 6 Febrauary
- 09.00 - 13.00 Wednesday 13 Febrauary
- 09.00 - 13.00 Wednesday 20 Febrauary
- 09.00 - 13.00 Wednesday 27 Febrauary
- 09.00 - 13.00 Wednesday 6 March
- 09.00 - 13.00 Wednesday 13 March
- 09.00 - 13.00 Wednesday 20 March
- 09.00 - 13.00 Wednesday 27 March
- 09.00 - 13.00 Wednesday 3 April
- 09.00 - 12.00 Wednesday 17 April
Return to study
This is a degree-level module in which you will be expected to produce assessed work at degree-level standard.
If it is sometime since you undertook other kinds of academically assessed work, you will be well advised to consider undertaking some self-directed academic updating around returning to study.
More information can be found here
Learning Beyond Registration contract