Immediate post anaesthetic and recovery practice
This module explores theory and practice related to the Post Anaesthetic Care Practioner and Recovery environment and supporting specialties. The module is designed to develop and enhance the practice of individuals in this challenging role, patient safety and quality of care and consider practitioners working in a variety of recovery settings where surgical intervention occurs, to develop patient care and consider developments within this field.
Students must be practicing in a theatre recovery department.
Support in the clinical environment is gained from mentors and or Anaesthetists.
This module enhances the student potential to care for patients in the immediate post-operative phase, gaining essential knowledge and skills in patient assessment, application of clinical intervention and care.
If you are considering undertaking this at Level 7 and new to Post Anaesthetic Care/ Recovery please discuss with the module leader prior to application submission.
- Effective registration with an appropriate Professional Statutory Regulatory Body (PSRB) in health care
- Minimum one year's post-registration experience, normally within a health practice setting
- Possess BSc (Hons) 2:2 degree award minimum
- IELTS 6.5 in all criteria
- Minimum of three years post-registration experience, normally within a health practice setting
- Possess a BSc or 60 credits equivalent at level 6 which must include a Research module (or equivalent)
- Applicants who fall short of the above entry requirements may use the RPL mechanism to contribute towards the above criteria at the discretion of the Programme Leader
How to apply
Online Application Forms and Guidance Information
Module Category: PCPH
Module Code: 5151
Module Credits: 30
Module Level: 7
Every Wednesday from 05/10/22 to 21/12/22