Applied Trauma and Resuscitative Care
This module reflects the national standards of trauma care with a focus on out-of-hospital trauma care approaches. The module content will include kinematics of trauma with a consideration of trauma at the extremes of age. Some of the focused topics will cover: brain injuries, paediatric resuscitation, silver trauma and blood transfusions along with an insight into the process of anaesthesia and the pharmacological aspects of trauma.
- Effective registration with HCPC/NMC or appropriate professional regulating body.
- At least 1 year experience within your field.
- Undertaken successful level 6 academic study.
- Currently be employed in practice and have the support of their manager in undertaking the module.
- Possess BSc (Hons) 2:2 degree award minimum
- Effective registration with an appropriate Professional Statutory Regulatory Body (PSRB)
- Minimum of three years post-registration experience, normally within a health practice setting
- Possess a BSc or 60 credits equivalent at level 6 which must include a Research module (or equivalent)
- IELTS 6.5 in all criteria
- Applicants who fall short of the above entry requirements may use the RPL mechanism to contribute towards the above criteria at the discretion of the Programme Leader
How to apply
Online Application Forms and Guidance Information
Module Category: PCPH
Module Code: 5023
Module Credits: 30
Module Level: 7
Semester 1 & 2
Every Tuesday from 04/10/22 to 17/01/23