Global Business and Finance
Module code: CORP1530
This highly applied introductory module is designed to:
- Develop in the student an interest, knowledge and appreciation of current global economic/business issues and the challenges that they pose for management.
- Allow students to examine world business issues with an emphasis upon their financial aspects.
- Enable the student to analyse and measure real economic/business issues by drawing upon a foundation of theory.
- Promote an understanding of policy formulation against the background of contemporary economic/business events. Policies of government, companies as well as consumers will be focussed upon.
This module is designed to be highly contemporary and its content is therefore, highly driven by current world events and how they impact upon both the internal and external environmental of businesses.
Contact hours per student per year
- Lectures: 24 hours
- Seminars: 12 hours
- Individual Essay (1250 words): 40%
- Examination (60 mins): 60%
Additional costs: No extra costs other than purchase of books