Module code: MARK5080
This module is designed to strengthen students' understanding of fundamental marketing concepts by investigating marketing strategy theory and practice. Students will progress from application of essential marketing concepts to applying strategic marketing analysis frameworks / models / theories in contemporary contexts.
- Identify and understand the core concepts of marketing strategy and how they align with the corporate strategy (SR)
- Critically evaluate marketing strategies, through evaluation of case studies (SR)
- Identify, assess and negotiate strategic marketing alternatives, through groupwork (SR)
- Effectively communicate a proposed marketing strategy through presentations slides and articulation.
- Carry out independent and self-managed research and problem solving (NSRC)
Contact hours per student per year
- Lectures: 12 hours
- Practical: 24 hours