Module code: LCBS5064
The Executive Company Project (ECP) offers an opportunity for students to gain experience working with a British or international organisation. For three months, students on the ECP will work to complete a research or practical project for a host organisation which aligns with their area of study, allowing them to apply theoretical knowledge gained on the course and be able to link theory with real life practical issues and decisions. The ECP also allows students to engage with parties external to the University and assists in the development of skills relevant to future career enhancement.
The ECP will require students to be flexible to the needs of the host organisation and may require working inside the business or remotely. Projects can be given to either individual or groups of students depending on the needs of the host organisation. Students will be required to communicate professionally and regularly with their host organisation throughout the duration of the project ECPs may be proposed by any kind of organisation, including companies of various sizes and not-for-profit organisations. Students can also self-source their own projects Please note all students will be required take part in a recruitment selection process
(For students who do not want to go participate in a selection process we recommend the Consulting Project).
Students will be required to participate in an interactive work readiness programme where external trainers with industry experience and innovative methods will help students not only prepare for the ECP but for a successful future career.
Students will prepare a report in the form of a consultancy report, complete with an explanation of the problem they addressed in this project; the methods used and theories applied to analyse the problem, as well as the results of research undertaken. The host organisation will a copy of the report
- Develop knowledge and practical experience of management consultancy (subject related)
- Apply a range of management knowledge and skills to a management problem (subject related)
- Capacity for independent, self-managed work experience (QAA xi) (non subject related)
- Completion of a consultancy report (QAA v) (non subject related)
- Presentation of the consultancy report to the sponsoring organisation (QAA vi) (non subject related)
- Learn through reflection on practice and experience (QAA xii) (non subject related)
Additional Costs: No extra costs other than purchase of books