Module code: LLMP 5307
The module introduces students to common law, civil law legal systems and compares and contrasts their different approaches to legislative interpretation, use of precedent and codification. It also examines the role of European Union Law in attempting to harmonise the law relating to contract and sale of goods. An analysis of whether the common law and civil law legal systems are converging or diverging
- Judicial Precedent and Codification
- Legislative Interpretation
- Contract Law in Common Law and Civil Law Legal Systems
- Strategies for Convergence
- Evaluation - Convergence for Divergence?
Contact hours per student per year