Module code: LLMP 5219
Topic one: The problems posed by obtrusive lighting
- Energy waste and carbon emissions
- The negative effects on human health
- The negative effects on wildlife
- Nuisance lighting
- TOPIC 2 LEGAL CONTROL
- Statutory Nuisance
- Domestic planning guidance and the regulation of luminaires
- Other EU Member State initiatives
- EU controls
- The US Model Lighting Ordnance
- To have a significant ability to work and research independently and seek advice as required.
- To have a significant ability to identify and prioritise source materials needed for a clear and proper understanding of the subject.
- To have a critical awareness of the factors which currently shape the law relating to obtrusive lighting.
- To have a sound analytic and critical appreciation of practices within the field of obtrusive lighting.
- To have a wide awareness of the global issues at the forefront of obtrusive lighting, and the ability to apply it critically in a variety of contexts.
Contact hours per student per year