Module code: CORP 5069
To provide learners with the skills to conduct and critically analyse organisational development, including its consequences on human resources management. The module investigates the forces driving organisational development through its people. Core approaches and tools will be reviewed through the evolution of an organisation.
The links between organisational development and supporting human resources practices will be critically assessed. Throughout the module, the relevant theoretical principles and models of change management, HRM and organisational behaviour will be considered and applied in a practical management context using case studies and real life examples.
The core areas covered by the module proposed are :
- Introduction to people management and organisation
- Personnel to Human Resources
- Recruitment and Selection
- Performance Management
- People Management and Change
- People Management , Motivation and Engagement
- Organisational Culture
- Designing Adaptive organisations
- Organisational Change : Downsizing
- Leadership and Emotional Intelligence
- Managing Diverse workforce and Cultural Intelligence,
- Critical issues in managing people in organisations
In order to successfully complete this module, students will need to: Attend and participate in lectures, presentations and group discussions. Undertake extensive desk (and optionally field) research for their group project. Keep up-to-date with current and evolving issues in management through reading academic journals and quality periodicals.
Contact hours per student per year