How to apply to undergraduate study at De Montfort University
UCAS online application
All applications from Home or EU students for full-time higher education courses at UK universities and colleges are made through UCAS.
Applications can be made online and cost £20 for a single choice and £26 for 2-5 choices.
Students at a school or college registered with UCAS
All UK schools and colleges, along with a small number of overseas establishments, are registered with UCAS to manage their students' applications. To apply you will need:
- A 'buzzword' from your tutor or careers adviser to register and establish the organisation you are applying from and allow your referee to attach a reference
- To submit the application to your referee who will send the completed application on your behalf
- To pay for your application either by credit or debit card online, or by paying your school or other registered centre
For further advice please contact our School and College Liaison Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Independent applicants in the UK
Applying via UCAS - this system is for all applicants wishing to apply to a full time, undergraduate programme. You will be responsible for:
- Paying the correct application fee by making your payment online using a credit or debit card
- Obtaining and attaching academic references
- Ensuring your referee knows you well enough to write about you and your suitability for higher education. (UCAS will not accept references from family, other relatives or friends)
Applying via the DMU Online Portal - this system is for all applicants wishing to apply for part-time, distance learning or those progressing from HND level study. The DMU Online Portal allows you to save, revisit and review your application before submitting it at any time of the day.
What to include
The following should be submitted with the application form:
- One current reference on official headed paper or from a professional email address (this can be a work or academic reference and must be signed and recently dated)
- Copies of academic transcripts
- Copies of degree/diploma certificates
- Personal statement
It is important that you send this information to us as soon as possible, either as paper copies, by mail, or as scanned and emailed documents.
For advice on how to apply contact:
Gateway House Room 1.30
De Montfort University
Leicester, LE1 9BH
T: +44 (0)116 2 50 60 70
Message one of our friendly student ambassadors, who are available to answer any questions you many have about university life through Unibuddy.