Postgraduate student accommodation
There is a diverse range of private accommodation close to the DMU campus available to postgraduate students. We recommend you view properties and read all contracts carefully before signing an agreement.
If you have any concerns or are unsure about anything, staff in the Student Union’s Welfare and Education Centre can look over housing contracts before you sign them.
SULETS is the recommended lettings agency for DMU and University of Leicester students looking for private rented accommodation and is jointly owned and run by the Students’ Union of DMU and University of Leicester. The service is free for DMU students.
You can visit the SULETS office, based in the Students’ Union in the Campus Centre, or set up a property alert on the SULETS website to notify you when new properties are available.
- A wide selection of high-quality accommodation close to the university
- A choice of properties from one-bed flats to large shared houses
- No agency fees, all you pay is a deposit and your rent (the only major lettings agency in Leicester that does this)
- Properties that are inspected to ensure quality and compliance with safety, security and furnishing standards
- Testimonies from current tenants to verify the reliability and fairness of landlords.
- Tenancy Agreements that are simple and easy to understand, free from complicated legal jargon
- Deposits that are registered with the Government-approved Deposit Registration Scheme
As well as student houses, Sulets manages six purpose-built accommodation sites near DMU:
The Summit, just a five-minute walk from our campus, consists of The Annexe and The Tower, both of which feature contemporary studio apartments (check out the Google Tour). The Tower is one of the tallest buildings in Leicester while the apartments in The Annexe can be dual occupancy.
Upperton Road consists entirely of studio flats with floor-to-ceiling double-glazed windows. It has a free on-site gym, a communal area with table tennis and pool table, a large cinema room as well as workspace/meeting rooms. Perfect for students, on the first floor it has a supermarket and is an eight-minute walk from campus.
Eastern Boulevard has a mix of studio apartments with a city view and cluster flats, which are all en-suite. It is a three-minute walk from the campus and residents at Eastern Boulevard are able to use the gym and communal area in Upperton Road.
Regents Court, a 10-minute walk from campus, has four, five and six-bed flats with shared lounge, bathroom and kitchen/communal areas.
Queens Court has studio, two, three, four, five and six-bed apartments with shared lounge, bathroom and kitchen/communal areas. It is right next to campus, just behind our library.
How to contact Sulets
You can visit Sulets on the first floor of De Montfort Students’ Union (in our Campus Centre). It is open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. You can also search for properties online.
T: 0116 467 0315
For more information or to arrange a meeting either visit www.sulets.com or call +44 (0)116 257 6303