How you participated
Our future will be successful if we all engage actively
Shaping our future and making it happen is in our hands. This is an exciting journey; it might be daunting, but we have the gift to make it a success if every one of us – regardless of experience, position or function – takes the decision to play an active role.
Achieving our ambitions will demand much more than the engagement of the few, it will demand the engagement of everyone as a community through ongoing conversation, co-creation and collaboration guided by the following principles:
- We are possibility focused: we create a positive energy and mutual inquiry to encourage focus on what is possible;
- We are future focused: we promote collective imagination for a shared future;
- We are inclusive: we engage multiple voices in shaping our future;
- We allow equal perspectives: we encourage the sharing and building of multiple perspectives;
- We allow equal participation: we give everyone the opportunity to influence the outcome so that chances of successful implementation are higher;
- We are informative: simple, clear and concise in our communication;
- We communicate with transparency and feedback in a timely manner: we provide transparency on the consultation and implementation processes and share findings in a timely manner.
How you shared your views
Staff and students were invited to join the conversation on our new strategy in a number of ways:
- Live workshops
- Self-managed small group discussions
- Microsoft Teams spaces
- Online forms
We also engaged with a number of partners and community organisations.