Professional development - develop real world skills
The Leicester Castle Business School has a range of exclusive resources for you to build your commercial skills during and after your study, including access to:
- The Trading Room, which simulates of what it is like to work in the financial industry in a number of roles. You will have access to financial information software and be able to take Bloomberg and Refinitiv/Eikon self-study certifications.
- LinkedIn Learning, where you can take over 16,000 courses around business, technology, and creative skills.
- The Financial Times, the leading newspaper for the financial industry.
- The European Foundation for Management Development and their HigherEd platform, which provide everything from career fairs, relevant jobs, and events with employers.
- A series of employer training events ran by DMU on career skills, from impressing employers in applications to planning your career.
Impact the wider community
Our students do not just stay in the classroom. There are hundreds of ways to get involved at DMU. You can compete in business challenges, volunteer in the community through DMULocal, and gain a global mindset with DMUGlobal trips. You can also join sector specific student societies, which are fantastic opportunities to network with like-minded professionals from inside and outside of the university.