We welcome applications from potential candidates who are interested in similar or related themes to those outlined on the A-Z Research Interests page on this website. If you are interested in the possibility of undertaking a PhD in the field of health policy please contact Sally Ruane in the first instance.
A selection of current and recent PhD topics supervised by Health Policy Research Unit members is listed below but as the range of topics supervised is wide, you are strongly advised to contact Sally to discuss whether your ideas for research could potentially be supervised by a member of the Unit.
- Public and patient involvement
- Experiences of obese women during childbearing
- Surrogate motherhood in Russia
- Assisted reproduction and South Asian communities
- Experiences of former carers
- Advanced Nurse Practitioners in Palestine
- Public-private partnerships in China
- Health policy reforms in Nigeria and Ghana
- Record keeping among pharmacists
PhD study in this field benefits from the opportunities offered by the Applied Social Sciences Doctoral Training programme. For more information, click here .
If you wish to discuss the possibility of PhD supervision or MRes programmes, please contact:
Dr Sally Ruane
To discuss PhD study at DMU in more detail, please contact the Graduate School .