Centre for Intercultural Research in Communication and Learning
The CIRCL connects experts in the field of intercultural research at DMU, nationally and internationally. At DMU, there is a pool of staff with expertise in intercultural communication; international learners; ethnicity and diversity in the workplace, community and health and social care; inter-professional communication; international business and management; in the disciplines of linguistics, applied linguistics, sociology, psychology, language teaching and learning, education and business management. The staff have achieved research recognition nationally and internationally in the 2008 RAE.
The core objective of this centre is to join-up research and to develop specialised educational programmes in the field.
We aim to:
- develop intercultural research in communication and learning with academics and professionals at DMU, nationally and internationally
- obtain funding and conduct research projects for intercultural studies, communication and educational issues
- Establish a well-focused research environment for relevant Ph.D. students
- Run Masters level programmes to meet the needs of learners
- Offer services of intercultural evaluation to local, national and international communities, organisations and companies.
Intercultural Business Communication - Study at DMU
Communication is vital in every modern field of employment, but increasingly intercultural communication is recognised as crucial in multicultural societies and international or global companies and organisations.
Lunch-time Seminar Sessions|