Working with CEI
We work with entrepreneurs and businesses, civic and community partners, professional, policy and academic organizations to explore contemporary challenges affecting entrepreneurship and innovation worldwide.
Centre members play important roles in shaping entrepreneurship policy, research, education and practices.
Our guiding principle is to make a difference through co-producing knowledge and engaged scholarship on research topics which address important questions and opportunities.
Our values are:
- To produce the highest quality, robust and rigorous research
- To focus on work which makes a positive impact and creates new value, with benefits for business and civil society worldwide
- Inclusion in an open and intercultural community for entrepreneurial knowledge
- Respecting the principles of research integrity, truth and impartiality
We welcome enquiries from scholars and enterprise practitioners about opportunities to work together in areas of shared interest.
Open Knowledge Network
You can join the CEI Open Knowledge Network as a member, a co-researcher or a partner. Options are as described below. Membership is free, subject to approval.
Member: faculty or professional staff member of De Montfort University – full-time, part-time or Emeritus.
Partner: an organisation which has shared aims with CEI. This may be a business; academic, policy, enterprise development, or professional institute; civic or community. May be within the UK, EU, or internationally.
Co-researcher: individual, as a researcher, independent practitioner, postgraduate student.
Benefits of joining the CEI Knowledge Network include:
- News updates on research projects, events, publications and opportunities
- Joining open and collaborative research projects and funding bids
- Contributing to research studies and publications
- Hosting or participating in events, conferences, study visits, staff & student exchanges
- PhD study opportunities
- Open Access to our research publications and Data research portal