The application process has two stages:
Stage 1: The De Montfort University application
Once you have completed stage 1 through the DMU admissions portal please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for a PhD at De Montfort University (DMU), you are required to complete the following documentation via the admissions portal here:
- Research Proposal - a helpful guide on what your proposal should include can be found here.
- Certificates and Transcripts - scanned copies of your most relevant academic certificates and transcripts will need to be provided.
- English Language - applicants who require to evidence their English language will need to produce an IELTS certificate (no older that 2 years) OR a copy of a degree from a majority English speaking country (dated within the last 2 years). If using an IELTS certificate, you must evidence a minimum overall score of 6.5 with no less than 5.5 in each component. We no longer accept TOEFL or TOEIC as proof of English language proficiency. We do provide a free English examination for applicants and offer holders which can be used in place of an IELTS. More information about the DMU Academic Test of English (DATE) can be found here.
- Passport - scanned copy of your passport will need to be provided. The copy will be of the picture page that shows your passport number and information of your nationality.
- References - these will be requested as part of your M4C application
Stage 2: The funding application
The funding for your Doctoral programme must be applied for through the Midlands4Cities website.
Click here for a direct link to the funding web page.
Want some help with your application?
Midlands4Cities have organised several application writing workshops, one in each partner city area. They will provide practical advice on how to plan your application and structure your research proposal.
You are free to attend any of the workshops - you do not have to go to the one in the city where your potential home university is based.
Further details are here.