Skip to content

Visitor visas

A Short-Term Study Visa is suitable for international students studying a short course of up to six months, or an English language programme of up to 11 months. This visa would also be suitable for international exchange students.

To apply for a Short-Term Study Visa, you must have received an unconditional offer from an accepted place of study. This could be:

  • An approved education provider on the UK Visa and Immigration’s Register of Tier 4 sponsors or accredited by a UKVI-approved accreditation body
  • An education provider listed by one of the bodies recognised by UKVI
  • An overseas Higher Education Institution with its own national accreditation, providing courses equivalent to a UK degree with a period of study in the UK as part of their programme
  • You must be 18 or over and be able to cover your accommodation and living costs during your time in the UK

Find out more about Short-Term Study Visas and who can apply

Extending your stay

If you will need to extend your time in the UK to complete your studies, or you would like to take on part-time work while you are in the UK, you should apply for a Tier 4 (General) student visa instead. A Student Visitor visa does not allow you to work in the UK and cannot be extended while you are here.

Add right column templates here