LCBS MBA Scholarships terms and conditions
The Leicester Castle Business School has a limited number of MBA scholarship worth up to £5000 as a course fee reduction. It is available to Global MBA students who have excelled academically and have an offer of admission for our full-time Global MBA programme. Award of this scholarship is through an application and selection process, where you will need to provide a 500 word statement demonstrating your commitment to the DMU values. Successful applicants with a 1st Class degree/equivalent qualification at a Distinction will receive a fee discount of £5,000 those with a 2:1 degree/equivalent qualification at a Merit will receive £3,000.
The closing date for this scholarship is midnight (GMT) 31 July for studies during the 2019/2020 study period.
Minimum entry requirement
An offer of admission from Leicester Castle Business School, De Montfort University and either a 1st Class degree/equivalent qualification at Distinction or a 2:1 degree/equivalent at a Merit.
To apply, please complete the scholarship application web form.
The 500 word statement should cover the following points:
- Why you should be awarded the scholarship?
- Your understanding of and passion for your chosen area of study?
- How you would make a positive contribution to Leicester Castle Business School during your studies?
- How a Leicester Castle Business School education would benefit you in the future?
All applications should be submitted by Midnight (GMT) 31st July 2019 for studies during the 2019/2020 study period. Successful recipients of the scholarship will be notified in writing no later than 17 August 2019. Please ensure that you have received an offer of admission before applying for this scholarship.
Potential applicants with disabilities should contact firstname.lastname@example.org Leicester Castle Business School as early as possible in advance of the closing date to discuss any adjustments to the application process that may reasonably be required to prevent them suffering substantial disadvantage as a result of their disability.
Terms and conditions
- All applications must be made through the online scholarships web form by midnight of the published closing date. Applications received after this deadline will not be considered.
- Students awarded the scholarship will be notified in writing. The award of this scholarship is at the discretion of the selection panel and is subject to available funds.
- An offer of admission must have been received in order to be eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- The scholarship is valid only for entry into the 2019/2020 intake – scholarships cannot be deferred by the applicant.
- Only full-time Leicester Castle Business School Global MBA applicants are eligible for this scholarship.
- Applicants who have already completed a postgraduate course with DMU will not be eligible for the scholarship.
- Distance learning and part-time students are not eligible for this scholarship.
- No cash alternatives will be offered and the scholarship cannot be transferred to another recipient.
- The scholarship amount will be granted in the form of a fee reduction.
- Only fully self-funded students are entitled to apply for this scholarship.
- The scholarship will be forfeited if the student defers entry, withdraws his or her application or does not enrol. If a student is found to be in breach of his or her commitments, in any way not acted in good faith, or not responded fully or accurately to a university request for information, the university is entitled to immediately suspend a scholarship.
- Where a student terminates or interrupts their studies, prior to the completion of their course, both the tuition fees and scholarship will calculated on a pro-rata basis, based on the student’s last date of attendance.
- Students receiving this discount will not be eligible for any additional scholarships or discounts. If a student is also eligible for another scholarship, he or she will only receive the higher value scholarship.
- By accepting this award, the student also accepts to participate in any university publicity or promotion as required.
- De Montfort University (DMU) and Leicester Castle Business School (LCBS) reserve the right to revise, review or withdraw the scholarship up to the point of enrolment if the applied for course is no longer run. The student will be informed in advance of this decision at the earliest opportunity. Any changes will not be applied retrospectively.