EU Undergraduate Transitional Scholarship terms and conditions 2021/22
- The EU transitional scholarship is available to new international students starting on a full-time undergraduate course in 2021/22 academic year only. The value of the award will be determined based upon the cost of the program being studied. The scholarship is only available for courses that are taught on site at the DMU Leicester Campus. Interested applicants should contact DMU if they have any further queries.
- To be eligible, an applicant must
- Be assessed to have overseas international fee status
- Be a resident of an EU member state, including EEA and Switzerland
- Have received an offer to study on a full-time undergraduate course
- Starting their course in academic year 2021/22
- Have accepted their offer
- Have paid the £4,000 tuition fee deposit to DMU by the advertised date
- Should a student meet the eligibility criteria, then the award will be automatically applied to their student record. Please visit the scholarships and discounts page of the DMU website for updates regarding the availability of scholarships and discounts.
- Awards will not be applied to students studying on part‐time and distance learning courses or in relation to courses with fees lower than the lowest standard international fee.
- Decisions made by the DMU International Office regarding eligibility for all discounts and scholarships are final. Awards are made at the full and sole discretion of DMU.
- DMU will use its website to advertise the terms and conditions in relation to this award.
- DMU strongly advises all applicants to check the international scholarships and discounts webpages carefully before making a deposit payment.
- Students awarded scholarships and discounts will have their awards applied automatically when they enrol.
- The EU transitional scholarship arrangement will be given as tuition fee remissions. It will apply to all years that a student studies on the program. Students will not be eligible for the award if they choose to start an alternative program in any other year.
- The award is not transferable and cannot be deferred to an earlier or later start date.
- A student can only be in receipt of one De Montfort University scholarship. Students who meet the eligibility criteria for more than one of the scholarships (excluding Early Payment Discounts) will be awarded the scholarship which is the most beneficial to them. Only one scholarship per student per course will be applied.
- No cash alternatives will be offered.
- Awards cannot be transferred to another recipient.
- Only self‐funded students are eligible for this scholarship. Students in receipt of any type of sponsorship or third-party funding will not be eligible.
- DMU reserves the right to cancel any award which has been claimed fraudulently including on the basis of provision of false information to claim the award, and to apply the full tuition fee. If an award is found to have been claimed fraudulently, the award amount will be added to the student’s university account and must be paid in full before the end of the student’s course.
- Where a student who has been awarded the scholarship, terminates or interrupts their studies prior to the completion of their first year of study, the award will be pro‐rated, based on the student’s last date of attendance.
- Recipients of a scholarship must have no outstanding debt to the university at the point of the scholarship being awarded.
- By accepting the award, students agree to accept the full terms, conditions and rules of the scholarship and agree to abide by the University’s rules and any requirements and/or proceedings issued by DMU in relation to the scholarship.
For all enquiries regarding international scholarships and discounts, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
DATE: 26 January 2021