EDI Postgraduate Taught Scholarship
We are pleased to announce a new International Postgraduate Taught Scholarship for January 2021.
This will allow students to study in a welcoming and inclusive environment to inspire and enhance continued activism during and after study, promoting Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) worldwide.
Our full postgraduate scholarships will offer a £4,000 discount towards the total value of the course fee and will be awarded to a number of outstanding students domiciled outside of the UK and European Union. This scholarship is open to all Postgraduate Taught courses. The scholarship recipients will be asked to report to the panel midway during their studies on their continuation in prioritising Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in their academic work, and in their extracurricular engagement and post-study plans.
The closing date to apply for this scholarship is 09:00am on Monday 30 November 2020. A selection committee will meet to select the recipients and all candidates will be notified of the outcome via email by the Friday 18 December 2020.
If you have any queries, please do not hestiate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To qualify for the EDI scholarship, you must:
- Hold an offer of admission from De Montfort University for a full time, postgraduate taught course starting January 2021.
- Successfully complete any English Language requirements.
- Be domiciled outside the UK, European Union or Schengen Area.
- Complete the online application form.
Terms and Conditions
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Scholarships are available to new International students starting on a full-time and part-time postgraduate taught course of study. The scholarship award covers a £4,000 discount for full time courses and £2,000 discount towards part time courses towards the total value of your course fee. This amount will be deducted from your tuition fee balance at enrolment.
- Applications must be made through the online scholarship’s web form by midnight of the published closing date. Applications received after this deadline will not be considered.
- The award of this scholarship is at the absolute discretion of the selection panel.
- To be eligible, an applicant must (i) have received an offer to study on a full-time or part – time postgraduate course, starting in September 2020 to July 2021 or January 2021 to July 2021 and (ii) have accepted offer, and (iii) have paid 50% of your gross tuition fee to DMU before enrolment and confirm by email once the payment has been made.
- Students can apply for the EDI Scholarship once they have received a conditional offer from DMU. Please visit the scholarships and discounts page of the DMU website for updates regarding the availability of scholarships.
- EDI scholarships are only available to students who are assessed by DMU as having overseas international student status and who pay overseas international rate tuition fees.
- Awards will not be applied to courses with fees lower than the lowest standard international fee.
- DMU will use its website to advertise the terms and conditions in relation to this award.
- Successful scholarship recipients will be notified by email, it is a student’s responsibility to check their email for notifications. Successful recipients should communicate their acceptance of their scholarship via email. Students awarded scholarships and discounts will have their awards applied automatically when they enrol.
- The Scholarship is not transferable and cannot be deferred to an earlier or later start date.
- A student can only be in receipt of one De Montfort University scholarship. Students who meet the eligibility criteria for more than one of the scholarships will be awarded the scholarship which is the most beneficial to them. Beneficial scholarship will be decided by DMU. Only one scholarship per student per course will be applied.
- No cash alternatives will be offered.
- Awards cannot be transferred to another recipient.
- Only self‐funded students are eligible for scholarships and discounts. Students in receipt of any type of sponsorship or third-party funding will not be eligible.
- DMU reserves the right to cancel any award and any time which has been claimed fraudulently including on the basis of provision of false information to claim the award, and to apply the full tuition fee. If an award is found to have been claimed fraudulently, the award amount will be added to the student’s university account and must be paid in full before the end of the student’s course.
- Where a student who has been awarded the Scholarship terminates or interrupts their studies prior to the completion of their first year of study, the award will be pro‐rated, based on the student’s last date of attendance.
- Recipients of a scholarship or discount must have no outstanding debt to the university at the point of the International Scholarship being awarded.
- By accepting the Scholarship, students agree to accept these full terms, conditions and rules of the scholarship and agree to abide by the University rules and any requirements and/or proceedings issued by DMU in relation to the scholarship.
For all enquiries regarding Scholarships, please email email@example.com
Help us learn more about our applicants by completing our applicant diversity form
Fill in the form