Engineering at DMU
De Montfort University is located in Leicester, UK and offers a range of Engineering courses. Our excellent facilities include:
- Laboratories for the study of thermo-fluids, solid mechanics and dynamics with control
- Rohde and Schwarz embedded systems laboratory for testing and modifying electronic circuits
- Purpose-built engine test cell to measure engine performance and emissions
- Subsonic wind tunnel and AIRFOX DISO flight simulator
- Workshops fitted with CNC machine tools and complemented by a range of additive manufacturing technologies
- Multidisciplinary energy laboratory
All of our courses are designed in close consultation with industry and offer the chance to undertake a year-long placement in industry which will enhance your employability and allow you to put into practice the theory and techniques you have gained through your studies.
Mechanical Engineering BEng (Hons) and Mechatronics BEng (Hons) are accredited by the Institute of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE).
Courses and fees
We offer the following undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Engineering:
All of our undergraduate Engineering courses are three years in duration (or four years with optional placement year) and start in September.
You can also study Energy and Sustainable Development MSc and Energy and Sustainable Building Design MSc via distance learning.
Most of our courses offer you the opportunity to do a year-long placement in industry. Past students have undertaken placements with companies such as Hewlett-Packard (HP), Airbus UK and BMW.
If after arriving in the UK you subsequently add a placement to your course you will need to request a new CAS and make a visa application to extend your visa to cover your placement.
You can make the application to extend your visa in the UK and the DMU Visa Advice Team will be able to assist you with your application.
Check the entry criteria for your country, or email us at email@example.com
English language requirements:
All our engineering courses require an IELTS 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each band, or equivalent. If you do not meet these requirements, you may want to consider joining a DMU pre-sessional English course before you begin your studies.
How to apply
Download a free application form or apply using our online portal. Undergraduate students can also apply via the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS) using the UCAS Institution Code: DEM/D26.
Prepare the following documents:
- A copy of your qualifications
- A copy of your English language certificate
- A copy of your passport
- 1 reference for undergraduate study/2 references for postgraduate study
Return your application and documents to the International Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you'd like to receive more information from DMU, sign up to receive our latest news and information.
If you need further information or have any questions, contact us by email at email@example.com
You can also follow or message us on Facebook