There's no need to worry if you child has missed the January UCAS deadline - DMU is still taking applications for September 2020.
What are the options?
- If your child has not made a UCAS application for 2020 entry, they can apply online through UCAS where they can make up to five applications.
- If they have already made an application via UCAS this year, submitted fewer than five choices on their application and haven't already accepted a place, then they are still entitled to add more choices up to a total of five. For more information on this, please contact UCAS directly on 0371 468 0 468.
- If they have accepted an offer but can no longer attend that university, don't worry, there are still options available to them using UCAS Extra and UCAS Clearing.
- If they have already used all five of their choices on their UCAS application but aren’t currently holding any offers, then they could still find a place for free using UCAS Extra. Until Sunday 5 July, Extra offers students another opportunity to gain a place at university by adding another choice – find out more on the UCAS website. If they miss the Sunday 5 July deadline then there's no need to worry, they can still find a place using our early Clearing service which opens on Monday 6 July.
What resources are available to help your child decide what to do?
- Use the UCAS website's search function to research courses/subject areas they're interested in
- Read university prospectuses/websites to find out more information
- Attend an Open Day and find out what it's like on campus, speak to current students and learn more about their chosen course
- Join our closed Facebook group – Applying to DMU 2020 to find out more about studying at DMU
We have also created a dedicated page covering everything you need to know about applying to university.
What about Clearing?
If by July 6 they haven't managed to secure an offer, didn't achieve their expected grade or have declined all offers received, then they become eligible to enter Clearing. We will have a list of our available course vacancies on our website and on UCAS during this time.
You are able to view our full list of courses or order your prospectus. If you have any further queries relating to late applications please email firstname.lastname@example.org, call on (0116) 2 50 60 70 or contact us on WhatsApp on 07970 655 800.