Doctoral College Showcase
We are delighted to announce that the call for Doctoral College Showcase 2023 applicants is now open!
The DMU Doctoral College Showcase celebrates the significant contribution our postgraduate researchers make to the research profile and culture at the university. It is an opportunity for you to share your research with the wider research community, get feedback, meet peers, and win awards.
It is also a chance for research degree students to be creative and develop key skills on presenting, writing, and communicating research to non-specialists.
There are three ways to showcase your research:
• 10-minute presentation and/or performance
• Posters and installations
• 3 Minute Thesis Competition
Applicants from all disciplines are encouraged to apply for any of the events. This year, traditional physical posters have returned, but we would also love to see non-traditional applications, for example interactive STEM or physical materials installations, or practice-based posters.
The deadline for abstracts is 24th March 2023 and should:
• Provide a summary of the intended presentation, performance, poster, or installation.
• Include your full name, research department, and the title of the work.
• Be within the 300-word word limit. Applications should be made using the Abstract Submission Form
The Doctoral College Showcase is on 8th June 2023 as a hybrid event. Join us at The Vijay Patel Building on the De Montfort University campus. For those who aren't able to join us on campus, the presentations and 3 Minute Thesis Final will also be available online. Further details will be shared in due course.
Please email any queries to email@example.com.