Contents insurance


Contents insurance is also known as personal property insurance and covers your possessions against damage or theft. How long you plan to be in the UK will determine whether it will be cheaper to get contents insurance from your home country and bring it with you or whether you should get UK contents insurance.

There are many different insurance policies available, so look around until you find one that meets your needs and your budget.

You may find it useful to ask the following questions:

• Are there any conditions attached to the policy?
• Are there any exceptions to the policy?
• What will be paid out to me if I make a claim?

If you are looking for a general starting point to find quotes for insurance then you may wish to try moneysupermarket. Other alternatives are direct choice, endsleigh and cheaphomeinsurance. However, please note, these websites are just a general guide and are not specific recommendations.

Intranet target area image

Single Sign-On allows you to access multiple IT resources with only one log in.

Events calendar
Events calendar

At DMU there is always something to do or see, check out our events for yourself.

Staff portal target area image
Staff portal

Check your email, view your payslips and access all our systems including Blackboard.