Our Student Finance team are here to provide you with advice on all aspects of money matters, including tuition fees, financial help and on funding your studies.
For information on how DMU's response to COVID-19 may affect your studies, please the Your DMU Future site.
Located within Student Gateway, the Student Finance and Welfare Counter provides information and guidance on a range of student funding issues. The advice given is confidential and impartial. The team is responsible for:
- Liaising with Student Finance England/Student Loans Company (and other student funding bodies, but not the NHS)
- Confirming registration to release students maintenance payments
- Confirming attendance to trigger tuition fee loan payments and sending ‘Change of Circumstance’ notifications.
In addition to this Student Finance can assist with queries relating to requests for non-standard student status letters. To contact the team please email email@example.com, or call 0116 257 7595 (option 3, then option 1).
Due to recent government Coronavirus advice, we have introduced new procedures to ensure the safety of students and staff:
- we will not be doing face-to-face appointments for the foreseeable future
- we will provide telephone appointments/ or Skype (technology permitting)
- please use MyGateway (mygateway.dmu.ac.uk) to book your appointment
- email (firstname.lastname@example.org) is our preferred method of contact rather than phoning
We hope that you can bear with us while we change over to these new systems. We will endeavour to continue to provide support and guidance. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Please refer to DMU’s policies and regulations on Data Privacy Notice and the Complaints Procedure for further information.