Our Student Finance team are here to provide you with advice on all aspects of money matters, including tuition fees, financial help and on funding your studies.
For information on how DMU's response to COVID-19 may affect your studies, please visit our dedicated advice page.
Located within Student Gateway, the Student Finance and Welfare Counter provides information and guidance on a range of student funding issues. The advice given is confidential and impartial. The team is responsible for:
- Liaising with Student Finance England/Student Loans Company (and other student funding bodies, but not the NHS)
- Confirming registration to release students maintenance payments
- Confirming attendance to trigger tuition fee loan payments and sending ‘Change of Circumstance’ notifications.
In addition to this Student Finance can assist with queries relating to requests for non-standard student status letters. To contact the team please email email@example.com, or call 0116 257 7595 (option 3, then option 1).
Due to recent government Coronavirus advice, we have introduced new procedures to ensure the safety of students and staff:
- we will not be doing face-to-face appointments for the foreseeable future
- we will provide telephone appointments/ or Skype (technology permitting)
- please use MyGateway (mygateway.dmu.ac.uk) to book your appointment
- email (firstname.lastname@example.org) is our preferred method of contact rather than phoning
We hope that you can bear with us while we change over to these new systems. We will endeavour to continue to provide support and guidance. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Student Finance and Welfare offer a variety of appointments to suit your needs. Most appointments can be booked via the Student Gateway, on MyGateway or by emailing email@example.com.
If you wish to book a quick query, these can either be booked on the day or in advance. These are 15-minute diagnostic appointments. If your query cannot be resolved at this appointment you will be offered a longer Money Doctor or Welfare Officer appointment.
Money Doctor appointments
Money Doctor appointments are an opportunity to review your finances. These appointments can be used to speak to an advisor about money management, budgeting and to investigate student funding issues with Student Finance England or the NHS.
As we are currently not doing face-to-face appointments, If you would like us to contact Student Finance England on your behalf, please set up Consent-to-Share with them. Call 0300 100 0607, then when it's set up send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Your name and P Number
- Your SFE Customer Reference Number
- University: De Montfort University
- Relationship: Higher Education Provider
- Password: Welfare
Welfare Officer appointments
The Welfare Officers are available for a range of financial welfare issues, including debt advice, money management, housing concerns and benefits. Appointments with Welfare Officers can only be booked via members of staff. To book an appointment with one of the Welfare Officers please book into an Quick Query first, or contact the team by emailing email@example.com.