Unite Foundation Scholarship
The Unite Foundation Scholarship is jointly offered by De Montfort University and the Unite Foundation. The scholarship offers care leaver and estranged students a free student bedroom in Newarke Point for a maximum of three years of eligible study.
Watch the video below, or read Daniel's story, to find find out more about the impact of receiving a Unite Foundation Scholarship.
Scholarship applicants must be either a care leaver or assessed as independent due to estrangement by their funding provider (e.g. Student Finance England). In addition, applicants must also meet all of the following criteria:
- Aged 25 or under on 1 September 2020 and
- Undertaking first and only course of undergraduate study and
- Currently studying at, or holding a firm choice offer from, De Montfort University and
- UK home fee status student and
- In receipt of, or applying for, student finance for day to day living costs (Maintenance Loan), reflecting care leaver/estranged student status.
How to apply
Guidance notes for applicants
The deadline for applications is 9am on Monday 1 June 2020.
All applications and supporting evidence must be received by the Transitions Team at De Montfort University, by 9am on Monday 1 June 2020. Applications will then be checked for accuracy before submitting to the Unite Foundation to meet their deadline. This also gives us an opportunity to discuss your application with you and any other support available from the University.
Applications can be submitted attached to an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, alternatively they can be sent in the post to:
Transitions Team - Student Finance and Welfare
De Montfort University
For more information
Please contact the Transitions Team using the details below:
T: (0116) 257 7595, option 3, then option 4