Skip to content

Visas and immigration

If you need to extend your student visa while you are in the UK, DMU can provide specialist advice and information. If you wish to travel in mainland Europe during your vacation you will need to apply for a Schengen Visa.

Pre-departure visa advice

If you are still in your home country and need advice on applying for a visa to study in the UK, guidance can be found here, or contact our International Admissions Office at

Information is also available from UK Visas and Immigration and the UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA).

Your Student Visa: Guidance from De Montfort University

We are committed to ensuring that international students have a successful time while studying with us. Please take some time to read the following documents: