When starting at university, students are often asked to provide letters confirming their registration at DMU for various purposes. The most common letters are available through MyDMU, in the MyDocuments tile. You can access these letters 24 hours a day, seven days a week, without needing to queue or call.
The letters available online are:
- Bank letter: These are available to help you open a student bank account.
- Council tax letter: You will need to provide this to your local council to confirm your status as a student when applying for council tax exemption.
- Proof of student status letter: Confirmation of your status as a student including whether you are studying full or part-time, the name of your programme, when you registered and are expected to complete your studies.
- Proof of student status letter (with address): This is the same as the status letter, but includes the permanent and term time addresses we have on record for you.
Letters available on request
Some letters aren't available online, but can be produced for you by our team.
- Status letter with confirmation of optional placement: We can produce a letter which confirms that the programme you are studying has an optional placement. Note this can take longer to produce whilst we gather further information from your Faculty. To request this you can visit us in the Student Gateway, email us at email@example.com or call us on 0116 257 7595.
- Work or travel letter: If you are an international student and require a letter for work purposes or for travel, please contact the Immigration Compliance team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bank letters for DMU International College students: If you are an international student who has commenced study with DMU International College before going on to complete their main DMU programme, and require a letter of introduction to pen a student bank account. Please contact Education Partnerships to obtain this letter by email at email@example.com.
If you require a letter confirming information that is not included above, please come to see us in the Student Gateway. You can visit us in person on the ground floor of Gateway House, call us on 0116 257 7595, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for advice. Please note that it is not always possible to meet the request within the Student Gateway; if it is not possible to complete your request, you will be advised by the team of how to proceed.