Care Professionals Training 2020
A Rough Guide to Higher Education
Due to government guidance regarding social distancing, we have taken the decision to postpone this event until further notice. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. For any questions regarding this training event please contact email@example.com
A FREE training event for professionals and volunteers supporting children and young people in care.
How to book a place
- Email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please let us know your name, organisation and any dietary/access requirements
For more information please contact us on (0116) 257 7595, option 3, then option 4.
- Learn about life-long benefits that you people can gain from studying at university and feel confident encouraging them to aim high
- Be inspired by talking to our care experienced students
- Discover the financial, practical and wellbeing support available to young people in care who to go to university
- Ask us anything you're not sure about.
What's included on the day?
Please note: The below programme is from our 2019 event. We are currently reviewing our content for the day and so this may change slightly. We intend to have the final programme online by March 2020.
|Benefits of Higher Education for Care Leavers
||Registration and refreshments
||Welcome and introduction
Participant workshop: Benefits, challenges and solutions
Explore the benefits and challenges that care leavers may experience in higher education and identify solutions to overcome any issues
||Current care experienced students share their journey
Free refreshments and lunch provided on the Vijay Patel roof terrace.
|Supporting Young People's Aspirations|
Get your questions answered about:
- the UCAS application process
- the Student Finance England process, and
- support services available at DMU
Optional campus tours available
This training is intended for:
- Careers advisors
- Key workers
- Designated teachers
- Youth workers
- Volunary sector staff
- Foster carers
- Social workers
- Anyone conntacted to young people in care
For more information
Please contact the Transitions Team on 0116 257 7595 (option 3, then option 4) or email email@example.com to discuss this event.