Care Professionals Training 2019
A Rough Guide to Higher Education
Thursday 23 May 2019, 10am - 2.30pm, at De Montfort University
A FREE training event for professionals and volunteers supporting children and young people in care.
How to book a place
- Email your details to email@example.com
- Please let us know your name, organisation and any dietary/access requirements
For more information please contact us on (0116) 257 7595, option 3, then option 4.
- Learn about life-long benefits that you people can gain from studying at university and feel confident encouraging them to aim high
- Be inspired by talking to our care experienced students
- Discover the financial, practical and wellbeing support available to young people in care who to go to university
- Ask us anything you're not sure about.
What's included on the day?
|Benefits of Higher Education for Care Leavers
||Registration and refreshments
||Welcome and introduction
Participant workshop: Benefits, challenges and solutions
Explore the benefits and challenges that care leavers may experience in higher education and identify solutions to overcome any issues
||Current care experienced students share their journey
Free refreshments and lunch provided on the Vijay Patel roof terrace.
|Supporting Young People's Aspirations|
Get your questions answered about:
- the UCAS application process
- the Student Finance England process, and
- support services available at DMU
Optional campus tours available
This training is intended for:
- Careers advisors
- Key workers
- Designated teachers
- Youth workers
- Volunary sector staff
- Foster carers
- Social workers
- Anyone conntacted to young people in care
For more information
Please contact the Transitions Team on 0116 257 7595 (option 3, then option 4) or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this event.