myDMU is a personalised portal and mobile app designed to support you while you study. The portal gives you access to up-to-the minute university information and access to a range of key services including Blackboard, Library, and Timetable information.
The ‘timetable’ view allows you to see what classes you are scheduled to attend and also to view what alternative classes are taught within your course.
If you can see multiple modules in your daily timetable view then you will need to select the ‘My Personal Timetable’ option.
Students can ensure that their personal timetable is correctly displayed in the myDMU app as follows:
1) On the timetable screen go into calendar settings.
2) Ensure that the ‘My Personal Timetable’ option is selected. The other timetable options ‘All My Modules’ and ‘All Modules On My Course’ should be de-selected.
3) Close calendar settings and the personal timetable should then be correctly displayed.
If you are unable to attend a class you can use the alternative views to see when the same class is running, which you can then request to join to avoid missing any taught content.
myDMU also allows you to:
• Hear about University News & Events
• Find out about student life at DMU
• Find your way around campus
• Get up-to-date information about your course through Blackboard
• Search the Library catalogue
• Get access to IT support
• View grades and assessment results through Blackboard
• View your university financial account information including bursaries and grants
myDMU can be accessed from any computer, on or off campus, 24/7, all year round by visiting my.dmu.ac.uk (full access requires a login).
Posted on Friday 22nd February 2019