ITMS is undertaking essential upgrade works to the university’s swipe card system to ensure our technologies remain secure and resilient.
We are asking all staff and students present on campus to update their cards by Monday 19 August. This is required to ensure continued access to buildings after this date.
To update your card, please swipe it on one of the designated card readers available throughout campus. These include:
- Hugh Aston Building reception
- Vijay Patel Building reception
- Kimberlin Library entrance foyer (wall-mounted on the left hand side, past the double doors)
- Hawthorn Help Zone (lower ground floor)
- Or any wall-mounted card reader on campus – these can be found on nearly every building’s external entrance or entrance lobby doors.
These readers can vary in appearance (please see the below examples), but they all have the same function. Users will need to hold their cards against the wall-mounted card readers until the LED on the reader stops flashing (approximately 2-3 seconds). The update will complete regardless of if you have access to the area or not.
Please note that you will need to use one of the card readers – rather than an electronic door handle.
Starting from Monday 19 August, staff and students who have not updated their cards may not be able to access areas equipped with electronic doors (buildings, offices, laboratories, etc).
If you experience this, simply update your card in one of the designated locations. Permission levels will not be affected by this upgrade.
We are grateful for your continued support and co-operation as we manage this process.
Posted on Wednesday 7th August 2019