DMU Works Travel Bursary
As part of our commitment to employability, you could receive up to £200 per academic year to travel to job/internship/placement/further study interviews and/or assessments and employer events such as fairs or open days. You can claim more than once, but the total claimed should not exceed £200 in any one academic year.
Can I apply?
The scheme is open to all DMU UK students who are currently following an undergraduate degree/HND programme – either full or part-time and have an income threshold of up to £40,000 per year as determined by Student Finance England.
How do I claim?
You will need to claim your bursary retrospectively, once you have attended the employability event. This will require:
- Completion of the online claim form
- Gather relevant travel receipts (photos can be accepted)
- Gather evidence to demonstrate attendance e.g. interview invite letter from employer, registration form for a careers fair or placement offer letter from an employer (photos can be accepted)
- Email evidence to email@example.com
Before you apply, please read the terms and conditions to ensure you are eligible and understand the conditions by which this bursary operates.
- You must claim your travel bursary in the same academic year as the employability event took place. Late claims cannot be forwarded to the next academic year.
- There is a limited amount of money available, so the Employability Bursary will operate on a first-come, first-served basis. Once the annual fund is exhausted, no additional funds will be available until the start of a new academic year.
- All submitted claims will be assessed within 21 working days of receipt and will be paid directly by BACS into your bank account, within 14 working days from assessment.
Where do I collect the form?
You can complete the claim form here. Please complete and submit the form, and email the evidence to Hope Somerville.