Small Business Leadership Programme
Build your business resilience, productivity and growth
The Small Business Leadership Programme is free and fully funded by the Government to support the resilience, recovery and growth of SMEs after COVID-19, equipping you with the confidence and leadership skills to plan for the future of your business.
There are three programme cohorts and you can select one of the following start dates;
Cohort 1 - Introduction on 5 November and course start date: 9 November 2020
Cohort 2 - Introduction on 7 January and course start date: 11 January 2021
Cohort 3 - Introduction on 14 January and course start date: 18 January 2021
What is involved?
- Eight 90-minute webinars over the course of 10 weeks.
- Up to 2.5 hours of independent study and peer supported learning per week.
- Facilitated by business experts at Leicester Castle Business School (LCBS).
- A network of up to 20 other small business leaders and opportunities for peer-learning.
What will I achieve?
A practical curriculum will help you to improve performance in your business with key themes exploring; leadership, innovation, employee engagement, operational efficiency, marketing, sustainable practices, and finance.
All participants will learn:
- Action planning for resilience and productivity in your business.
- Understanding innovation and how it can impact productivity.
- Reflecting on your leadership style and building on your leadership skills.
- Business vision and values for long term sustainability.
- How to assess employee engagement and identify actions to achieve high performance.
- Strategic approach to efficient operations management and value creation in your business.
Watch this short video to find out more:
Who is eligible?
Participants must be in senior management roles with at least one direct report, in businesses which have been operating for at least one year and with 5-249 employees in England.
Why choose us?
The Leicester Castle Business School (LCBS) is part of DMU and aims to meet the needs of professionals and support lifelong learning in business. Our mission is to go beyond business as usual by fostering creative, distinctive and pioneering solutions to real-world problems. We help business leaders develop personal, interpersonal, cognitive and technical skills.
How do I express my interest?
Visit the Small Business Charter website, select East Midlands and then 'Leicester Castle Business School'.