Part-time and distance learning courses
Here at DMU we are committed to delivering professional development opportunities for those in the workplace.
If you are working and want to improve your skills in a particular area, then we have options available to you.
The depth and breadth of our expertise means that we offer many courses that will align to the professional development needs of individuals, and the talent development strategies of organisations.
Covering a wide range of industry sectors, our professional development courses can be anything from a one-day course to a full Master’s degree.
Courses we offer
Programmes and short courses
Our short courses run throughout the year and vary in length ranging from a day to a week. They are designed to support skill development in specific industries. They may also carry university credits.
Part-time and flexible study options
Studying at DMU on a part-time or flexible basis can help you to improve your career prospects, and achieve accredited qualifications without compromising on your personal commitments.
Many of our professional-based undergraduate and postgraduate courses are available by part-time or distance learning delivery, meaning you are able to study for a university qualification while still working full-time.
We work closely with industry to design engaging courses that will equip you with the skills and experience to develop your career and strive forwards.
Students taking part-time or flexible programmes benefit from DMU's ambitious and innovative approach to teaching, our strong links with industry, and our academic staff who lead the way in their fields with internationally respected research.
Benefits of part-time and flexible study
- Cost - financing higher education can be a strain. Part-time courses at DMU are module based and flexible, allowing you to fit study around your current career
- Location - you could earn a DMU qualification through your local college, as some programmes are available through the Associate Colleges Network
- Inclusive - the DMU Widening Access programme supports applicants who have non-traditional qualifications or who have gained experience and skills in their careers
- Personal commitments - study courses during daytime, evening or both. Many programmes are modular, allowing you to study at your own pace and build up credits
- Professional - our short courses are delivered by academics and designed to keep individuals abreast of specialist, relevant and professional skills
- Support - students who enrol on our part-time courses are offered the same level of support as our undergraduate students
You can achieve a qualification while working full-time. Our courses are applicable to a wide range of sectors, and are designed to expand your knowledge while fitting around your other commitments.
If you are interested in personal development that is shorter in duration, then you can always take a short course.
If you have any questions, or would like more information, please contact us:
T: +44 (0) 116 207 8455